Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pork and sourkrout

I guess pizza places and all the food buisnesses on New Years doesn't do to well. I had to order extra food from a pizza place and thought there would be no way they could manage and it. As it turned out was no big deal. When I was shocked everyone responded with, "Oh everyone is eating pork and sourkrout."

So I had some and it is realllllly good. Guess there is a lot of Germans around but one way or another it was good. Makes your breath stink real bad though. Anyone else have this as a traditional New Years meal?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Sounds not too bad actually...was it bbq'd pork or some other kind?

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually like this combo. I've never heard of it as a New Year's specialty. I do like the Swedish(?) herring, pickled or creamed. It's supposed to be eaten on New Year's day and bring you good luck in the coming year. We missed out on our herring this year, so we may have missed out on our luck as well.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

wow just wow I can't believe I didn't have the herring.

Its pork... inside the sourkrout just slap it all in a pot

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home