Monday, August 20, 2007

An unsent letter

This is the letter that maybe I should send maybe I shouldn't. I am a youth minister at a church that recently went through a split in the church and this is a letter I want to send to those people. Though not like this

Hello __________


Please take this not out of hate but rebuke. It saddens me that you decided to leave the church you will be missed along with your family and hard work you have put into the church.

We have done a lot of forgetting one is our community. Because of people leaving we won't be able to do, fund, and man programs to our community. Wow did we forget about them? Our church was strong because of the people working in unity and now we cannot do the same things. This is terrible.

Not only is FCC not going to be able to minister to our community but the world. We might have to drop missionaries, and funds will be pulled back from different things we donate to. So this split has angered God, Disobeyed a command, hurt our community, it has an effect around the world. Is this really worth all this, is a split the right things, are we choosing between the lesser of two evils.

Its time to forget what you think and forget what I think, and ask ourselves how is God being Glorified and what does he say? I don't think a church split can even be justifiable unless there is a major theological error. And some other stuff Ill get back to it later,,, maybe when I am going to do some blogging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home