Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Primal Rage











On Monday and Wednesday I run a basketball league and the worst thing to see is people loose their cool. Well yesterday is our 30+ league and these guys like to play but not too hard because they get hurt. Well yesterday my team was playing and we ended up going into triple overtime. What a fun game it was... well until

I lost it, probably nobody realized how much but I was mad enough to start destroying things. We all went up for a rebound and in the middle of it all was someone swinging and hit me right in the eye ball. I got the rebound but it hurt so bad I looking for someone or something to take my anger out on. I was alright after I started running around a little.

About 5 min pass and we go up again and I got poked in the same eye. That was when the train derailed. I kept most of it concealed but a killer instinct came out and I was ready to reign terror. Luckily in my life I have played sports where I know loosing your cool = your going to suck until you get it under control. Only by God's peace was I able to bottle and release what I was feeling. I was ready to be a war movie where one man comes in with a sword and no one is left behind. Most men cant do that and when you or I do it our character goes down the tubes.

Oh after I got poked in the eye I got smacked in the face by the ball the very next play :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! Proud of you for keeping your cool. Sometimes character is hard to come by.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home