Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Boys are funny

Yesterday as I do every Tuesday I pick up 15 boys from the school for our after school program at the church. They always have something to complain about but it is usually that the girls ride in the white bus and boys ride in the red van. I mean the white van is cooler but I don't like driving it.

But I usually lead us to the school and always get to the church a split second faster than the girls. Every week the boys gloat, hoot, and holler about how they won or I should speed up. It is rather amusing the the 4 minute ride. Well this week I told the other driver lets have the girls win just to see what the boys would say/do. As we were leaving the school the boys were having a fit, because they were losing. So I went against my word.

We always take the same route but this time I turned on the highway and went that way. I or they didn't know if they were winning or losing but they were excited. When we got to the stop sign that intersected our normal route the girls were behind and we ended up beating them once again. It was like winning the Super Bowl for them, so as I drove to victory I sent them all in to play. Maybe I am as bad as those boys and losing is not an option. Even if the other team (bus full of girls) doesn't even know they "lost"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still a boy at heart, always up for a good competition.
mkhughes

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home