Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why Childrens Ministry keep looking better and better

First off my position at the church I'm at is the Jr./Sr. High minister. That position requires requires to entertain better than online gaming, MTV, and texting/cell phone. It requires taking most night out of the week and weekends. You deal with kids who are changing dramatically who don't know who they are, where they are going, and what are they doing? Don't believe me? Ask any one of them where they are going their answer is I don't know. They form cliques and shove people out of them they don't want. In school they live in a dog eat dog society. Over half of them are scared and broken from divorce and dealing with life smacking them in the face.

Children's Ministry is easy mode. You have most of your night, weekends, and deal with them being scared of the dark. Why did I choose the position I did? I'm not really sure but Children's Ministry looks better all the time.

Except Children's Ministers are lame and Student Ministers are cool. And Jr. Sr. High kids are cool other than that..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not everyone has a heart for Jr/Sr High students. Don't lose yours too soon.
mkhughes

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home