Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Interviewing preachers

For the first time I get to be on the other side of getting a job and I am part of hiring someone. The tricky thing is that its a Sr. Minister and not a stockroom boy. A lot of hands are in the pot and many people have many opinions, and certain Pastors appeal to certain people. It so far has been since August that we have been missing that Sr. Minister role.

If I were interviewing at this place I would need a vacation. Its a 3 day interview, Day 1: Is meal with ministers & elders then an interview with the elders 2: A meal with the staff and interview with the Staff, then later on bring a message to the congregation after a meal. 3: Come to a service WOW what a weekend.

The funny thing is listening to the ministers when the congregation asks him questions. Many times they sound like a politician and seem fake. The take the question piece by piece and speak in vague statements and confuse the questioner what they really asked. Most answers sound like something out of a book or probably been asked that so many times you know exactly what to say. Rarely do you see a real side to them and get a honest answer.

Between making jokes and ho-humming around questions means, well I don't know but I don't like it. I kinda hope we interview someone who tells it like it is and doesn't mind giving the truth. Well its kinda fun interviewing but man it takes up a bunch of my free time. My next interview my first question is "boxers of briefs"

1 Comments:

Blogger TWH said...

Don't do it. You're in a tricky situation since you're potentially interviewing your boss, the person who can make your life good or very bad.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home